MFT Camp Create Day 2: Magnificent Masking

22.08.2017

Hello everyone,

I'm happy to be back with another card for the current My Favorite Things Camp Create.


On Day 2 it's all about Masking. I love to use this technique in combination with ink blending.

https://www.mftstamps.com/blog/camp-create-august-15/

I created a glittery and ink blended background for this cutie from the Birdie Brown «Magical Unicorns» set which was colored with Copics.

I cut a circle from Inkadinkado stamping mask paper and adhered the negative part to my white panel of cardstock. Next, I blended together the two Distress Oxide Inks «Broken China» and «Cracked Pistachio». I sprinkled on some water droplets to lift some of the color.

When everything was completely dry, I adhered the masking paper circle over my ink blending. I put the «Sun Ray» stencil on top and fixed it with washi tape. Then I carefully pressed my VersaMark ink pad across the openings of the stencil. After removing the stencil, I heavily poured the gorgeous WOW! «Under the Sea» embossing glitter over it and heat set everything. I love all the sparkle which matches the colors of the Distress Oxide Inks perfectly.

I heat embossed the sentiment in white on a piece of black cardstock and cut it with one of the «Stitched Sentiment Strips» Die-namics. The unicorn and sentiment banner were adhered with foam tape. To finish off my card, I added three star shaped sequins rom my stash.

Although I won't be able to participate in all five crafts, I'm proud of my second Camp Create badge.
Thank you so much for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
Anja

Keine Kommentare :

 
site design by designer blogs